17 Jan How This Year Can Be Better.
Are you Embracing 2017 with Energy and Enthusiasm and Geared up to make it the Best Yet?
A lot of people begin the New Year by making resolutions. We’ve all been there. We make a promise to lose weight, exercise more, cut down on alcohol or spend more quality time with family. We start the year with great intentions, but then we quickly relapse into old habits. Why is it so hard to stick to those New Year’s resolutions?
Research suggests that only 14 days into the New Year 30% have already given up on their goals and intentions and fast forward a couple of months only 12% of those that created intentions are actually achieving what they set out to back on January 1.
The reality is unless you do something you’ve never done, you are going to get what you’ve always got. I came across the most brilliant quote last week; Einstein’s definition of insanity; “Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.”
Try Something New.
To get new results you have to be open and willing to try something new. If you are sick and tired of nothing changing then take some action. Reach out and get the support you need. With the right tools, support and accountability your life can be different. Use this opportunity to design and create a life you really love. The question is are you willing to do what it takes to get there?
For some of us, 2016 was a great year of health, wellness, enjoyment and fulfilment. Sadly, for others, this eluded them yet again. The habits that some of us have implemented, that keep us healthy, are the exact habits that others should be implementing to better their own health and wellbeing.
Top 5 Healthy Habits to Embrace in 2017.
Below is a list of some small, simple things you can do today to improve your health; and when put into practice consistently will transform your wellness. This is my ‘Top 5 Healthy Habits’ that will help you live a healthier and more enjoyable 2017 and all the years after that.
1. Move More. There is no superfood or ‘pill’ with as much holistic benefit for wellbeing as movement. Just 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day will offer you massive benefits for both your body and mind. Maximise your success by doing an activity that keeps you motivated, interested and that you enjoy. Consistency is the key. Some is better than none and more is better than less!
2. Drink More Water. Not only will you feel better, you will look better and perform better. Many of us do not drink enough. There is a simple formula .04 x weight (kg) will give you an idea of how much you should be consuming each day in litres. More than you think and you will need to drink more than this is you are exercising. You will know if you have consumed enough throughout the day because your urine will be clear or straw-coloured.
3. Ditch the Diet. They don’t work and can in fact harm our health. A healthier approach to weight management is to not diet but to realise our body wants us to be healthy and comfortable. Strive for plenty of fresh, colourful and unprocessed food. Ideally we should be aiming to eat 5 serves of vegetables per day and around 2 serves of fruit. Combining this with lean protein, legumes, wholegrains, nuts and seeds makes an excellent choice.
4. Go to Bed Earlier. Sleep affects our mental and physical health enormously. It assists our ability to function well and make good decisions throughout the day. Lack of sleep is a very common problem for ‘busy women’. We need to be aiming for between 7 – 9 hours each night. Research suggests that for sufficient deep, restorative sleep we should be in bed no later than 10:30pm.
5. Practise Gratitude. When we are ‘busy’ it is easy for us to get bogged down, complain a lot and feel sorry for ourselves. Being grateful can put us in a very different state of mind. Taking some time out to be mindful of things we are grateful for (big or small) can really help us appreciate what we have. Start a new ritual of writing down or saying out loud each day three things you are grateful for. Watch your perspective change.
Healthy Habits for Life.
So if you would like this year to be different and would like some support and guidance to achieve your very own 2017 health goals, then get in touch. This is not a fad diet, no crazy exercise regime, not a prescription nor a quick fix, but a program that will empower you and give you the skills and knowledge you need to develop healthy habits that stick for life!
I’m taking bookings for February now. Spaces limited.
This is your chance to kick start the new year right.